Thursday, January 7, 2010

February Art Exhibit features work by Judy Lyons Gomby


JUDY LYONS GOMBY
Since I have been sketching and painting as far back as I can remember, it seemed only natural to major in art in college. After a brief career as an assistant art director for an advertising agency in New York City, I moved to West Hartford in 1984. There my husband and I have raised a family of 3 wonderful and talented children. While they were in school, I taught the art program at the Hebrew Academy of Greater Hartford, located in Bloomfield. I have always been fascinated with color and the effect it has on people’s emotions. I found this to lead me on a pursuit to connect the visually abstract and my present emotional reality with the current tumultuous times in which we live. This has enabled me to create a fusion of color, shape, and design. My fascination with the effects of color on visual realities aids in igniting my imagination and my actual paintings. I hope to inspire the viewer with the same sense of excitement and urgency I feel as I create these images.